Monday, April 28, 2008

THOUGHTS ABOUT DALE JARRETT AND A FAVORITE MEMORY

Below are some quotes from Jeff Gordon when asked about Dale's final "points" race at Bristol earlier this year.

"He has had a heck of a career and I have had a blast racing with him," said Jeff Gordon, driver of the No. 24 DuPont Chevrolet Impala SS.

"I feel fortunate to have raced him for some great wins, great battles for wins as well as for championships."

He is just one of the highest quality individuals and race car drivers that I have ever raced against. It is really odd to me when guys you have been racing with say they are retiring and are not going to be out there on the track with you any more. It definitely makes you think about where you are at in your career and those that you had racing with them.

"We have had our run-ins too. I remember one day looking up to him and we weren't real happy with one another. Dale has been a guy that I have always respected and admired for a very long time.

Hate to see him go but you know what, he has had a heck of a career so he should be very proud of that.

"Here you have a guy that comes from a racing family. With Ned Jarrett and his legacy in this sport, I think it has been able to be carried down to Dale.

To go out there and be a championship-winning driver is great. I have always respected him as a competitor, but the person that he is off the track and away from the race car to me is as good of a person as you are ever going to meet. I like the way he handles himself.

"To me, he is just one of the great guys that you will ever meet. His legacy is going to be very broad because of performance -- he has performed at a high level, he has won a championship, the Daytona 500 -- and he is just one of the greatest people you will ever meet."

Contributed by
Jon Edwards
Performance PR Plus

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home