Monday, April 28, 2008

Dale Jarrett is not only a gentleman, NASCAR champion and legend, but a great person

Elliott Sadler’s comments from when he was asked about that before the Bristol race.

“Dale Jarrett is not only a gentleman, NASCAR champion and legend, but a great person in so many ways. He helped me when nobody else would give me the time of day when I first got into the Cup level. He took the time to not only talk to me, but actually took me around a track one time just to show me what I needed to look for when I got in the race car. I was just some guy who was coming out of the Late Model stage into the NASCAR level and it amazed me that he took that time when he was already a champion.

“As time went on, he became a teammate to me and continued his role as a mentor in racing and life. He showed me how to deal with sponsors, people, media and everyone else you come in contact with in this sport. NASCAR, and myself, are really going to miss Dale Jarrett being around on a weekly basis in the garage area. But, the good news is fans are going to benefit from his knowledge as he becomes an analyst with ESPN. I’m going to enjoy watching race tapes just to hear what he says about what we’re doing on the track.”


Contributed by Tim Packman
Team 19 Communications
Gillett Evernham Motorsports

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home